Skip to product information
1 of 1

112th Engineer Battalion (United States Army) STICKER Die-Cut Vinyl Decal

Regular price $1.99 USD
Regular price $2.99 USD Sale price $1.99 USD
Sale Sold out
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Size

112th Engineer Battalion (United States Army) STICKER Die-Cut Vinyl Decal

Spice up your MacBook, Laptop, Car, Water bottle or any other flat smooth surface with this full color glossy laminated decal. This decal is solvent printed on 6mil vinyl with a 1.5mil layer of laminate to protect from water, UV and scratches. Printed in the USA.

Description

A Silver color metal and enamel device consisting of a shield blazoned:  Per chevron Sable and ermine, a chevron engrailed counterchanged, in chief three billets palewise Argent and in base a lion rampant Or.  Attached below the shield a Black scroll turned Silver inscribed “BELLO AC PACE PARATUS” in Silver letters.


Symbolism

The field is taken from the coat of arms of General Moses Cleveland, who founded the City of Cleveland and who, also, on August 2, 1779, was commissioned by Congress as Captain of a Company of Sappers and Miners.  (Cleveland and its Environs-E.M. Avery).  The three billets represent the pillars set in the roads leading up the hill to Montfaucon, which pillars were blown out by this Regiment. (See Morning Reports of Co. A, 112th Engineers, for September 28 and 29, 1918, also Battalion and Regimental war diaries).  The lion is the lion of Belgium and served as a reminder that this Regiment, serving under King Albert, helped to free Belgium from the invader.  The motto is reminiscent of the Cleveland Grays “Semper Paratus” and is peculiarly appropriate for a National Guard Regiment.


Background

The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 112th Engineer Regiment on 26 September 1925.  It was amended to change the wording regarding the method of wear by enlisted personnel on 3 December 1929.  It was redesignated for the 112th Engineer Combat Battalion on 30 April 1945.  The insignia was redesignated for the 112th Engineer Battalion on 4 January 1965.