Skip to product information
1 of 1

21st Engineer Battalion (United States Army) STICKER Die-Cut Vinyl Decal

Regular price $1.99 USD
Regular price $2.99 USD Sale price $1.99 USD
Sale Sold out
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Size

21st Engineer Battalion (United States Army) STICKER Die-Cut Vinyl Decal

Spice up your MacBook, Laptop, Car, Water bottle or any other flat smooth surface with this full color glossy laminated decal. This decal is solvent printed on 6mil vinyl with a 1.5mil layer of laminate to protect from water, UV and scratches. Printed in the USA.

Description/Blazon

A Gold color metal and enamel device consisting of a rounded irregular shield blazoned:  Or, an anchor debruised by two oars in saltire Sable; a chief Gules, on a bend Argent the insignia of the 7th Division (a Gold hour glass on a Black disc).  Attached above from a wreath Or and Sable a five-bastioned fort Or and thereon a crescent Gules.


Symbolism

This unit was organized in 1917 by expanding companies C and D of the 2nd Engineers.  The original components of the 2nd date back to 1861 and the 5th is not a descendent of the older regiment but is a part of it under a new name and so actually dates its historical record from 1861.  The old elements were a part of the Army of the Potomac and the crossed oars and anchor is the old badge of the Engineers and Pontoniers.  The colors yellow and black were each at times the facings of the Corps.  The chief indicates the 5th's participation in World War I, the red field and the white bend representing Lorraine. On the bend is the shoulder device of the old Division.  The crest alludes to the old organization's service in the Santiago campaign and the Philippine Insurrection.


Background

The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 5th Engineer Regiment on 23 May 1928.  It was redesignated for the 1277th Engineer Combat Battalion on 13 November 1944.  The insignia was redesignated for the 21st Engineer Combat Battalion on 14 August 1951.  It was redesignated for the 21st Engineer Battalion on 13 August 1954.