24th Engineer Battalion (United States Army) STICKER Die-Cut Vinyl Decal
Spice up your MacBook, Laptop, Car, Water bottle or any other flat smooth surface with this full color glossy laminated decal. This decal is solvent printed on 6mil vinyl with a 1.5mil layer of laminate to protect from water, UV and scratches. Printed in the USA.
A Silver color metal and enamel device consisting of "eared" shield blazoned as follows: Gules, an eagle's head erased Argent gorged with a collar Sable charged with a Lorraine cross of the second.
The shield is red with the charge in silver, the colors of the Engineer Corps. The eagle's head is taken from one of the supporters of the coat of arms of St. Mihiel.
The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 24th Engineer Regiment on 27 June 1941. It was redesignated for the 24th Engineer Battalion (Armored) on 27 June 1941. It was redesignated for the 24th Armored Engineer Battalion on 24 July 1954. The insignia was redesignated for the 24th Engineer Battalion on 7 March 1958.